ROCTOPUS DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP
Ask any professional diver what course he enjoyed the most and he will probably say the Divemaster course. The Divemaster Internship is the entry point to become a professional scuba diver. During your divemaster you’ll do a 2-3 month internship here on beautiful Koh Tao, diving all the time, further expand and deepen your understanding of diving theory, and meet tons of new, like minded people, having the time of your life! And when you’ve completed the course, you’ll be certified to lead qualified divers out on dives. This is just the beginning of a great career in diving.
Why Roctopus Pro?
Your Choice of Agency
We offer courses in two agencies: SSI and RAID. Both agencies are internationally recognized and members of the Recreational Scuba Training Council (RSTC). This means that all of the courses and certifications are recognized by all RSTC members (which includes SSI, RAID and PADI). In a nutshell, it means if you do a course in one agency, you can do the next course in a different agency and they will recognize your certification.
At the instructor level, agency is more important than at the divemaster level. Most dive centers will hire dive masters from any agency, since the primary responsibility is leading around certified divers. If you choose to go on to become an instructor, it is not a problem to start the course in a different agency.
For more than 40 years, SSI has provided training, scuba diving certification, and educational resources for divers, dive instructors, dive centers and resorts around the world. Started in 1970, SSI has expanded to include more than 30 Servicedmt-and-staff Centers, is represented in more than 110 countries with over 2.500 International locations, and has materials printed in more than 30 languages.
RAID is a world-wide recognized dive agency that incorporates the latest in diver training. The focus of RAID is more time in the water, because that’s where the real learning occurs. We’ve chosen RAID as our training agency at Roctopus because we have a similar philosophy. RAID is not about quickie courses and neither are we. The professional standards are higher with RAID so you’ll be a better dive pro for it. All of RAID’s academics are done online. This makes RAID the only true ecology friendly dive organizationdmt-selfie. It’s also means that RAID materials are accessible to everybody anywhere in the world at all times, and they can be updated easily to make sure the material stays up to date with current diving information and technology. RAID is also the world’s fastest growing dive agency, so there’s tons of opportunity for employment all around the globe. All that growth means that there will be a big demand for RAID dive professionals, which is what you’ll be! In addition, with RAID you’ll be qualified to teach scuba reviews which is for people that haven’t been diving in a while to refresh their skills. This will make you more employable.
What are the Pre-requisites?
These are the requirements to begin your official Divemaster training. Any certifications needed to meet these requirements can be taken through Roctopus Dive or Roctopus Pro once you arrive.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a current medical exam for scuba diving not older than 1 year and signed by a licensed medical practitioner. We recommend that you bring this with you but it can also be done on Koh Tao at one of our local clinics.
- To be a certified open water diver and rescue diver from a recognized agency. These courses can be done at Roctopus. Contact us for a price breakdown.
- Have a current certification in First Aid and Oxygen Provider (within the 2 years). If you don’t have these, you can do our comprehensive First Aid course with us.
- 40 or 50 dives (depending on the agency). This is part of your free fun diving so you won’t have to pay extra for this. Roctopus sends out two boats doing 4 dives a day, so it won’t take long for you to get to the required number of dives.
- Experience in the following 3 areas:
- Night/Limited Visibility Diving
- Deep Diving
So When Can I Start?
We have an orientation session for our new Divemaster Trainees every Monday. Contact us for more details.